Physics 12 - Quiz 2
1. Examine the electric circuit below.
What is the direction of conventional current and electron flow in this circuit?
2. A potential difference of 12 V causes 0.35 C of electric charge to pass through a resistor in 2.6 s. What power does the resistor dissipate?
A. 1.6 W
B. 4.2 W
C. 11 W
D. 89 W
3. The diagram below shows part of an electric circuit.
What is the current through resistorR1?
A. 1.0 A
B. 1.4 A
C. 1.6 A
D. 3.0 A
4.A flashlight contains two batteries in series with a bulb of resistance 12 W. Each battery has an emf of 1.5 V and an internal resistance of 0.26 W. What is the potential difference across the bulb?
A. 0.12 V
B. 1.5 V
C. 2.9 V
D. 3.0 V
5. If switch S is closed, how does the brightness of each bulb (X, Y, and Z) compare to thesituation when the switch was open? Assume all bulbs have the same resistance.
6. In the following circuit, what is the terminal voltage of the battery?
A. 6.9 V
B. 7.0 V
C. 8.0 V
D. 9.0 V
7. Given the circuit as shown below, answer the following questions.
a) What is the total resistance of the circuit? (3)
b) What is the total current in the circuit? (2)
c) What power is dissipated by the 6 W resistor? (4)
d) What is the potential difference between point x and point y? (3)
e) If switch S is now opened what power is dissipated by the 6 W resistor? (2)
|Top of Page|